The slot machine or one-armed bandit, as it has become known, was invented in the early 1800s by Charles Fey. The object of these mechanical games of chance is to match the winning combination of symbols displayed in the payout schedule on the front of the slot machine. More details on slot machines return, volatility and statistics can be found in this article.
Before spinning the reels, you must place a bet.
- Select a coin value of either 5¢, 25¢, $1, or $5.
- Click the coin slot, Bet One or Bet Max.
- Click the coin slot, up to three times, until the number of coins displayed equals the amount you wish to bet.
- Click Bet One, up to three times, until the number of coins displayed equals the amount you wish to bet.
- Click Bet Max once to bet the maximum amount allowed. The reels will automatically spin after choosing this option.
- To reduce your bet amount, right-click on either the coin slot or Bet One to remove coins. Your bet will be reduced by the amount of the currently selected coin each time you right-click. You can also click Cash Out to remove all coins prior to spinning the reels.
- Click Spin or the slot machine lever to spin the reels.
Slot machines assign different values for payout based on the combination of symbols and how they align when the reels stop spinning.
Your winnings do not accumulate as credits within our machines. Each time you win, your winnings are deposited directly into your account balance, so you do not have to hit Cash Out when you want to leave the game – your winnings have already been placed in your account.
If the symbols displayed, once the machine comes to rest, match any of the combinations in the payout schedule, you win.
You don’t need to hit Cash Out to retrieve your winnings. Every time you win, your casino account balance is automatically updated. Your winnings appear as credits.
If you’re playing the $5 machine and get a combination that pays out 4 credits, you win 4 x $5 = $20.
Progressive jackpots may not be available on all slot machines.
The progressive jackpot can be won if you meet the following criteria:
– the symbols displayed, once the machine comes to rest, match the highest winning
– combination of symbols found in the payout schedule and,
– the maximum number of coins are used to place the bet.
If these two conditions are met then you win the credits shown plus the progressive jackpot.
Progressive jackpots are shown in dollars and the amount won is adjusted according to the denomination played. Once a progressive jackpot is won, it is converted into credits, added to the jackpot credits and displayed in the win column.